Upscale Grilled Cheese Recipe
Grown up's grilled cheese. A classic favorite kicked up a notch! Pairs perfectly with tomato soup.
- 2 Slices of Sourdough Bread.
- 1/4 Thick Slice of Mild Cheddar Cheese.
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon Mustard.
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoon of butter.
- 1/8 teaspoon of garlic salt.
- 1 Pickle Spear.
- Slowly warm butter over low heat in a small pan or microwave in a cup until melted. Sprinkle in garlic salt with the melted butter and stir. Heat a non-stick skillet on medium low heat. Spread the Dijon mustard on both of the inside pieces of sourdough bread (one side only). Add 1 slice of Cheddar Cheese to sandwich and assemble. With a brush or small spoon evenly coat the outside of the sandwich on both sides of the sourdough bread. Cook slowly until both sides are lightly toasted and cheese is melted. Serve with a crisp quartered dill pickle!