- 3 ripe bananas (slightly speckled with brown spots)
- 1 stick of margarine or butter
- 1 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (Optional)
- Let butter soften slightly. Cream butter. Add sugar and eggs to butter and mix. Add sifted flour and mashed bananas alternating those 2 ingredients when adding.
Then add baking soda, salt and vanilla. Add nuts last, if desired.
Prepare loaf pan using butter and dusting with flour or use parchment paper.
If desired, two loaves can be made at one time.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake for (1 hour to 1 hours and 15 mins) or until toothpick inserted in the middle of loaf comes out clean.
1 hour, 15 minutes