- 2 cups of mashed potatoes
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 1 egg
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- Heat pan in a medium heat.
While waiting, chop onion into dice.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of cooking oil to the pan let it heat. Then add the onion. Stir and fry.
- Remove fried onion and put it in a mixing bowl. Then add the remaining cooking oil to the pan and let it heat.
- Add the mashed potatoes, egg, salt, and pepper into the same mixing bowl with the fried onion. Mix well.
- Once oil is hot enough, pour or spoon in mashed potato mixture to make small round circles (approximately 2.5 to 3 inches round). Wait until the other side turns golden brown before flipping.
Tip: Cook the potato cakes only once on each side.
- Remove from heat. Repeat process for the remaining mixture.
- Place a paper towel on your plate before putting the fried potato cake to remove excess oil. Enjoy!